Intake and Admission Department
The Intake and Assessment Department at Clive Behavioral Health is operated 24 hours a day, seven days a week by specially trained staff who provide no-cost, confidential assessments and refer people to the appropriate level of care. We are also available to referring professionals such as outpatient clinicians, social service agencies and other hospitals seeking treatment for a patient.
When a patient first arrives to participate in a treatment program, their admission begins with a confidential, no-cost assessment. The purpose of this assessment is to diagnose the severity of their behavioral health disorder or co-occurring disorders. Based on the results, the intake team, which includes a registered nurse or social worker, will consult with our psychiatrist to recommend a level of care most suited to address the patient’s treatment needs.
To prepare for the admission process, incoming patients should review our recommended packing list and accepted insurances.
Important Documents to Bring with You
- Form of ID
- Insurance card
- Emergency contact information
- List of current prescription medications
- Medical power of attorney or guardianship paperwork (if applicable)
- Iowa Crisis Hotline / Suicide Prevention Hotline – call or text 988
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ Crisis and Suicide Hotline) – 866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255
- Your Life Iowa – 24/7 crisis support in the state of Iowa.
Call: 855-581-8111 or
Help is here. Call us today to start.
Need help? Call 844-680-0504 to schedule an assessment or receive more information. You may also walk in anytime to our Clive location. We’re here 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the case of a medical emergency, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.