Child & Adolescent Services
Many children & adolescents suffer from a behavioral health disorder or co-occurring disorders that damages their relationships and duties at home and work. For people with these challenges, their condition may become so severe that they may benefit from intensive, 24-hour care at a behavioral health facility.
Clive Behavioral Health in Des Moines, Iowa, offers a compassionate inpatient program to help children & adolescents with a behavioral health disorder or co-occurring disorders. The program is designed to help them achieve mental stability or long-term stability. Additionally, we offer dual diagnosis treatment for individuals who suffer from co-occurring behavioral health issues.
Patients receive a clinical evaluation at admission. This allows our care providers to help the patient create a personal treatment plan that targets their needs and goals.
Intensive Outpatient Program
Clive Behavioral offers high quality, evidence-based intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment services designed specifically for children and adolescents who are experiencing a mental health issue. Licensed social workers and registered nurses provide programming, under the direction of a psychiatry team. Call us today for a free, no-cost assessment to determine if IOP may be right for your family.
This structured, short-term treatment program can help children and teens ages 5 to 17 work through issues that cause emotional distress, while helping them develop new coping skills to be used at home and at school. In the IOP sessions, participants join in comprehensive group therapy and skill-building activities. Family participation is a key component to this highly structured program. Treatment plans are created with patient and family involvement.
In the program, participants interact with others of similar age to:
- Benefit from structured therapy and education from licensed professionals
- Gain mutual support and understanding from others of similar age
- Increase self-awareness and self-worth skills
- Develop skills to encourage sustainable and healthy life choices
The program runs for 3 hours per day, 3 days per week. There are separate programs for young children and for adolescents. Participants typically attend for 2 – 4 weeks. All insurance plans are accepted.
SPECIFIC DIAGNOSES AND CONCERNS FOR TREATMENT MAY INCLUDE:
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance use
- Grief and loss
- Family and relationships
- Stress management
- Post-traumatic stress
- Anger management
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Suicidal prevention
- Blended families
- Body image
- Psychiatric and co-occurring disorders
- Treatment for acute behavioral health disorders and co-occurring disorders
- Recovery-oriented approach with an emphasis on support systems, strengths and community connections
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Individualized treatment plan and goals
- Numerous recreational spaces including a gymnasium, basketball court, exercise equipment, art and music therapy, and access to an enclosed outside courtyard
- Discharge plans for continued progress after leaving the hospital
Help is here. Call us today to start.
Need help? Call 844-680-0504 to schedule an assessment or receive more information. You may also walk in anytime to our Clive location. We’re here 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.