What to Bring
Packing List for New Patients
We want you or your loved one to feel as comfortable as possible during an inpatient stay at Clive Behavioral Health. For that reason, we have prepared the recommended packing list below for all incoming patients to review before they arrive.
Personal belongings, including dentures, glasses, hearing aids, jewelry and money, will be checked by staff and some items may be removed for safety. These items will be inventoried and safely stored until the patient is discharged. We encourage patients to send home belongings that have special meaning or monetary value. The hospital will not be responsible for lost or stolen valuables. Reimbursement cannot be made for items lost during hospitalization.
All personal toiletry items, as well as skid-proof socks and slippers, are provided by Clive Behavioral Health. All linens are provided and laundered by Clive Behavioral. Fresh linens are provided on a regular schedule or more often as requested for sanitary purposes. Patients should make their own beds daily and keep used towels and linens off the floor. Laundry facilities are available and may be used under staff supervision.
What to Bring
- Three changes of clothes, socks and underwear
- Pajamas and robes (may only be worn in the patient’s room)
- Medical devices required for health maintenance (such as hearing aids or a CPAP machine for sleep apnea)
What NOT to Bring
All have the right to a secure and healthy treatment environment, free from dangerous or potentially dangerous items. For the protection of all patients, staff and visitors, any prohibited items a patient brings with them will be confiscated, documented and held in a secure location until they are discharged.
Contraband items are defined as any implement that can be used in whole, part or broken to function as a weapon or otherwise pose a threat to injury. Staff will determine what is to be designated contraband. The following list contains examples:
- Razor blades, straight razors and safety razors
- Knives or any item that may be used as a knife
- Inappropriate or revealing clothing
- Firearms and ammunition
- Cigarette lighters and matches (disposable lighters and matches will be thrown away)
- Medicine brought from home
- Nail files and clippers
- Glass items except for eyeglasses
- Mirrors (including make-up compacts)
- Hair dryer and curling irons
- Hooks, needles, pins, pens and pencils
- Metal cans or breakable plastic items
- Belts, shoestrings and draw strings from pants
- Underwire bras
- Rope, chains or other corded items
- Large heavy jewelry
- Shaving lotion, polish remover, caustic liquid, and mouthwash with alcohol
- Aerosol cans
- Alcohol and other illicit drugs
- Any other items not listed that staff deems as contraband
Help is here. Call us today to start.
Need help? Call 844-680-0504 to schedule an assessment or receive more information. You may also walk in anytime to our Clive location. We’re here 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.